Short Answer: Yes, of course it can be. A relaxer is a cream or lotion designed to break down the bonds in our hair, which make it curl/coil, to achieve a straighter texture. … There are three different types of relaxers; thio relaxers, lye relaxers, and no-Lye relaxers.
How do you keep your hair healthy with a relaxer?
Read on for Handy’s tips on how to keep relaxed hair healthy during the summer.
- Wash Your Hair Weekly and Double Up on Moisture. …
- Get Ends Trimmed Regularly. …
- Go Easy on Heat Styling. …
- Drink Water and Pay Attention to Your Diet. …
- Avoid Overprocessing. …
- Wait Awhile Before Installing Protective Styles.
22 июн. 2018 г.
Why you should not relax your hair?
If your scalp is continuously irritated by relaxers, you increase your chance of hair loss. … As a result, the natural hair ends up dry, brittle, tangled, and harder to care for. If having a relaxer helps you take care of your hair and your scalp is healthy, then it is worth it to continue relaxing your hair.
How can I relax my hair without damaging it?
How to Relax Curly Hair without Significant Damage
- Step 2: Strengthen Your Hair. Before you relax your hair, you should use a protein treatment. …
- Step 3: Protect Your Hair! On the day of your relaxer, make sure that you pay close attention to the ends and length of your hair. …
- Step 4: Strand Test Your Hair!
Can I go natural with relaxed hair?
Can you go natural without cutting your hair? Yes and no. Yes, that’s essentially what transitioning is all about but no because at some point the relaxed hair has to come off. It’s probably better to trim it off rather than wait for it to break in all kinds of unruly ways.
How often should relaxed hair be washed?
Depending on your lifestyle you may find that once a week works for you or you may be able to go longer like every two weeks or you may find that washing less like every 3-4 days is better for your hair and scalp.
What is the best shampoo for relaxed hair?
8 Best Shampoos For Relaxed Hair
- AvlonKeracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. …
- The Roots Naturelle Redeem Moisturizing Shampoo. …
- Just Nutritive Shampoo Relaxed Hair. …
- Elasta QP Shampoo For Relaxed Hair. …
- Pantene Pro-V Truly Relaxed Hair Lightweight Shampoo. …
- Curly Hair Solutions Treatment Shampoo. …
- Zotos Quantum Clarifying Shampoo. …
- GKHair Moisturizing Shampoo.
3 февр. 2021 г.
Does relaxer stop hair growth?
Now that you understand how relaxers help with hair maintenance, let me discuss when it is no longer safe for you to relax your hair. In some cases, if you continue to relax your hair, you can cause permanent damage to your hair follicles, when this happens, your hair will not grow back.
Which is better natural hair or relaxed hair?
1) Natural hair that is well cared for is structurally stronger and healthier that relaxed/texlaxed hair that is well cared for. 2) Natural hair has a high level of elasticity which helps it fight breakage. 3) Natural hair fibres tend to have better volume, body and bounce than relaxed hair.
Does your hair go back to normal after a relaxer?
NO. NEVER. Once you chemically alter hair it cannot change back. Now you may not have processed it enough to compeltely kill the curls and after a couple of weeks to get over the shock of processing and it gets some moisture and protein from the products you use it begins to curl, but not the way it use to.
What can I use instead of a relaxer?
8 Viable Alternatives To Hair Relaxers
- Straightening your hair.
- Keratin treatment.
- Silicone creams.
- Vegetable oils.
- Blow drying.
- Cutting your hair.
- Consider long-term protective styles.
- Blowout options.
How long does hair relaxer last?
The results vary depending on your hair type, but usually a hair relaxer will leave your hair straight for about six to eight weeks. Unlike other permanent straightening methods, relaxing your hair will require touch-ups from time to time.
How can I relax my hair naturally?
5 Ways To Make Natural Hair Relaxer At Home
- Coconut Cream. Coconut cream is very popular ingredient when it comes to relaxing your hair naturally. …
- Olive Oil Hair Relaxer. One of the most common ingredient used for hair care is the Olive oil. …
- Milk Can Do The Trick. …
- Honey Hair Relaxer. …
- Cocoa Butter Hair Relaxer Recipe.
How long does it take relaxed hair to go natural?
“The amount of time [it takes to completely transition] depends on the length of your relaxed hair, how often you trim or cut off the relaxed hair, and if there are any setbacks such as hair breakage or hair loss. It can take as long as a year (or longer) if you do basic trims every three months versus the big chop.”
Does relaxed hair grow?
Will my hair keep growing after I have it relaxed? It will do so, depending on how well you care for it. Relaxed hair is prone to breakage, so most people don’t retain length and sometimes confuse that with their hair not growing.
What makes hair grow fast in a week?
Drink lots of water, get plenty of rest and eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with a high amount of protein to grow your hair quickly. How long should it grow in a week using the inversion method?